Orlando Princess & Canaveral Star II Deep Sea Fishing
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring on my fishing trip?
- Camera, sun block, hat, hand towel, comfortable shoes, cooler (but leave it in your car), cash for tipping the hard working guys/gals on board that work hard for you all day long. You are welcome to bring your own fishing rod; however, you can only fish with 1 at a time. Most people just use our fishing gear we supply.
What time should I arrive?
- Half Day 9:45 am
- Full Day 7:15 am
- Night Shark Fishing 6:15 pm
What is your fishing schedule?
- Half Day 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Full Day 8 am – 5 pm
- Night Shark Fishing 7pm – 11 pm (Wednesday, Friday & Saturday Nights)
Do you go fishing everyday?
- Yes, we are scheduled to fish everyday of the year except Christmas day (for obvious reason). Of course, there are days we don’t get to go fishing if we have rough seas or if we have scheduled maintenance on our boat (this is why reservations are helpful).
Do I need to make a reservation?
- Yes!!! We can’t plan for you if we don’t know you are coming with us. Besides, if there is an unforeseen problem with the weather, we are able to quickly call the cell phone number you provided to notify you of any possible changes.
What do I need to make a reservation?
- If you set up your fishing trip over the phone, we will ask for the date & type of fishing trip you want to set up. Then we will as for your last name, CELL PHONE NUMBER (please don’t give us a home phone as it won’t help either one of us if you are visiting Florida from another state), and we will also ask for the number of people in your party. If you are trying to utilize a coupon, we will need to secure your reservation with a Visa or MasterCard number. Our website is open 24 hours per day so you are able to buy your fishing trip online at any time.
Do you offer any discounts or specials for small or large parties?
- To be fair to everyone, we have created a buy 3 get 1 free promotion for our half day as well as full day fishing trips. This special is not available at the door, so the saying is true on this special that the early bird gets the worm. You must buy your tickets on our website in order to qualify for this spectacular buy 3 get 1 free special. We promise, you will not find a better deal for the size boats we use, the amenities we include, the food & drinks we include at no additional charge not to mention our outstanding service that can not be matched, just look at our reviews online.
Do you guarantee fish?
- Believe it or not, this is a very common question. The quick and easy question is No. Any boat that can guarantee fish to every single person is just selling you a dream. We are a family owned & operated business that is not here to mislead you in anyway. We take great pride in being honest with our customers. Since we do not know the skill level of any of our customers, we have no idea what they are capable of doing in terms of fishing, but the great news is, we have professional and helpful deckhands that work very hard to ensure you have a great time. They will teach you everything you want to know; all you have to do is ask. Take their advice, because it truly helps. Fishing is much different here than wherever you might be from so listen to the pros!! There is one thing we can guarantee; you will not find crewmembers that will work harder for your friends and family. Trust us, we have checked them all out!! Just remember, we can’t make the fish bite.
Where are you located?
- We are in Port Canaveral!! Unfortunately, your GPS device will not get you to our location due to the street changes & new exit ramps in Port Canaveral, so be sure to print the driving directions from our website! And make sure when you arrive to go fishing you double check to make sure you are at the correct location. Our boats are all white with a red stripe. Our competition is famous for stealing our customers who show up at the wrong location, be careful because they will tell you that you are at the right place!!
What is your address?
What credit cards do you accept?
- Visa & MasterCard
- Don’t forget to bring cash for tipping!!
What if there is rough weather?
- Everyday our Captains check the weather reports and if there is a problem with rough seas, we will call you the evening before your fishing trip to discuss your options in terms of rescheduling your fishing trip. We do suggest booking your fishing trip in the beginning of your vacation so that you have other days to work with in the event there is rough seas.
Do you go fishing if it rains?
- Yes! The fish don’t know it’s raining and besides, our rainstorms are usually very quick. Try not to plan your vacation around the rain due to the fact this is Florida and being that we are in a sub-tropic climate, you can expect the weatherman to predict some chance of rain many days through the year. It is extremely rare for Florida to get a complete day of nothing but rain (this can happen if we have a tropical storm, but it is not usually the case).
What are your office hours?
- 6 am – 6 pm most nights & 7 pm on shark fishing nights
What is a recommended tip (gratuity)?
- 15 – 20% of what a full ticket price would cost is standard in the industry.
Is fish cleaning service included in my ticket price?
- No, it is not included; however, it is available once the boat returns to the dock. The guys that helped you on deck all day long will be happy to stay after to clean your fish for a small fee. It is really cheap to have them do it, but they will give you a price based on how many fish you have and what kind of fish it is. They will even be happy to remove the jaws from your shark for an extra fee as this is time consuming but it will create an ever-lasting memory of your fishing trip!!!
Do you offer a service so I can have my fish mounted?
- Yes, we do and will be happy to provide you a price based on the size & type of fish once the boat returns to the dock. What better way to tell your fish story, you can proudly display your catch on your wall!
Where do you go fishing?
- We fish off of Port Canaveral in the Atlantic Ocean. Depending on which fishing trip you book, you can expect to travel approximately 20-25 miles offshore.